Donate $$ Now
POSITION: ReStore Manager
Through volunteer labor and tax-deductible donations of money and materials, Middlesex Habitat builds and rehabilitates simple, decent and affordable homes in partnership with eligible families. One of the ways in which Middlesex Habitat raises funds is by way of its ReStore. The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a retail home improvement store that serves as a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity. The ReStore accepts donations of new and gently used items from individuals and businesses. The ReStore sells those items to the public at a reduced cost and proceeds go towards building Habitat homes within the community.
The ReStore Manager is responsible for carrying-out the operational functions of the Middlesex Habitat for Humanity ReStore including daily operations, financial reconciliation, and staff/volunteer supervision. The Manager oversees the work of the ReStore Assistant Manager, ReStore Brand Ambassadors/Truck Driver’s, and ReStore Donation’s Coordinator. This position works closely with the Director in keeping with the general oversight of the store.
This position plays a key role in forming the critical partnership with the ReStore Assistant Manager required to maintain efficient and effective operations during and outside of the store’s operating hours. The majority of this position’s time will be dedicated to the following functions:
- Store rearrangement – visual merchandising and inventory room arrangement.
-Responsible for driving donations, sales, and profits of the MHFH ReStore to further the affiliate’s mission and working with various internal and external resources to positively promote the Habitat ReStore and Middlesex Habitat for Humanity.
-Works to respond to the critical priority of providing exceptional customer service to ReStore donors, volunteers, and customers.
-Opening and closing of the ReStore for scheduled daily hours. General oversight of store operations and volunteer management in coordination with the Assistant Manager.
-Daily sales/cash register reconciliation and deposits.
-Works with Assistant Manager to identify and assess bottlenecks in ReStore work streams.
-Orient staff and volunteers to the mission of HFH and the ReStore’s role and responsibility.
-Develops and maintains volunteer job descriptions and assignments.
-Ensures store policies and procedures are followed.
-Oversees display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with ReStore staff to ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
-Establishes pricing and inventory policies in conjunction with subordinate management.
-Maintain orderly flow of items onto the sales floor.
-Oversee and maintain daily/weekly task assignments and records.
-Draft marketing collateral such as brochures describing the advantages of ReStore contributions.
-Serve as a cashier when needed.
-Other duties as assigned.
- Computer knowledgeable; including Microsoft Word & Excel. Must have willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to safe working environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while also having the ability to perform most tasks in the absence of staff or volunteers.
- Must be able to meet physical demands on a daily basis as outlined below.
- Work is labor intensive.
- Work requires considerable standing, bending, kneeling and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Bulk of time will be spent lifting, pushing, pulling, standing, and walking.
- Minimum three years work experience, preferably one year in retail management role.
BA or BS preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Ensuring daily efforts contribute to sales maximization.
- Maintaining an effective and well-trained base of staff/volunteers.
- Sustaining a high-trust, collaborative culture.
- Setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress of projects.
- Keeping supervisor informed of all ReStore related activity.
- Demonstrating understanding and appreciation of the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Significant PTO (paid time off)
Founded in 1996, Middlesex Habitat for Humanity of Connecticut, Inc. is an Affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. We are a 501(c) 3 ecumenical Christian housing ministry. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, abilities, races, ethnicity and sexual orientation in all aspects of our efforts. Middlesex Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [ email ]. Applications made without a cover letter will not be accepted.
News• YOU can help Middlesex Habitat for Humanity renovate the next home!
• We're Hiring!
• Middlesex Habitat is accepting Home Ownership Applications
• News Archive
© 2017 Middlesex Habitat For Humanity of CT, Inc.
[ phone: (860) 343-9179 ] [ Contact via Email ]